The Junior HLPA group meets roughly every two to three months at a location in central London. Meetings generally consist of an informal discussion on a topic which is likely to be of interest to junior practitioners.
All members of the junior group are welcome to attend. Please do not feel put off if you are a paralegal/trainee/pupil who is new to this area of law and lacking in experience. The meetings provide a useful opportunity to ask questions which cannot easily be asked elsewhere and to share practical tips.
Our next discussion group will be held online via Zoom on Wednesday 12 August 2020 at 5pm. We’ll be talking about the problems that junior housing lawyers may be facing, or are likely to face in the near future due to the covid pandemic, and sharing advice and strategies for wellbeing. Potential topics of debate include:
- Careers, job security, furlough, redundancies etc.
- Workloads once the possession stay is lifted
- Effects of the new practice directions
- Hints & tips for remote working (managing client contact, remote supervision, working from home)
- Disciplinary issues & the culture of blaming over-stretched junior lawyers
- Extended sitting hours (supporting ourselves and each other regarding working hours).
Please make sure you have joined the group (by emailing Wallace White) before signing up to attend a Junior HLPA event.
As a reminder, Junior HLPA’s membership is open to housing lawyers with five years or fewer PQE.